While more and more people are choosing to celebrate Valentine’s Day in their own special way, most of us are marking the event in some way. Maybe this year you are simply treating yourself or celebrating with friends or family by holding a group get-together or maybe it’s more traditional with a night out with your significant other. Whatever the way, we have some great Valentine’s Day gift ideas for you.
According to NRF, most people are purchasing candy, a greeting card or maybe some flowers. While this is practical, we need to add a little jazz to it. How about some of these ideas.
Treats Just For You
- $10 gift card for Coffee. Coffee makes me happy and a latte makes me even happier. $10 will get me at least two latte’s this month. Definitely a must give to me, from me.
- Cuddle up with a good book. The bedroom door is shut. 20 minutes of alone time scheduled just for me and a book. Heaven is a $10 gift card to Barnes and Noble and some time alone.
- Self Pampering—tiny style. At this stage in life, it’s often the tiny things that make me happy like having painted toenails. How about a $10 Ulta gift card to get the season’s best colors.
- Cozy Socks. There is nothing like a new pair of fuzzy, cozy socks to make myself happy. Gift yourself a TJ Maxx gift card to get some cute socks and maybe a little something more to go with it.
- Fun Pens. Every day, I make my to-do list at work with fun colored Sharpie markers. It just makes me happy to have a good pen with a fun color. Give yourself a Staples gift card for new pens, paper, and organizational items. Happiness.
Galentine’s Day Gift Ideas
Celebrate your friends, sisters, cousins, and all the girls that you appreciate in your life. Here are some great gifts to make them feel loved this Galentine’s Day.
- All Dolled Up. Gift cards that girls love. Ulta, DSW, TJMaxx, Nordstrom Rack/Nordstrom.
- Fondue Night Gift Card Box. Nothing says Valentine’s Day like rich, sophisticated dark chocolate. We paired the chocolate up with waffle chips and a $5 gift card for extras like strawberries at your local Whole Foods.
- Warm Your Day Gift Card Box. Perfect for those chilly winter days. An 18 oz. SIC Travel Mug, a dark chocolate dunking spoon and a Starbucks gift card makes a great Galentine’s Day gift.
- Wine.com Gift Card puts a smile on every girl’s face.
- Lacelets. One of my favorite gifts for girlfriends is a lacelet from www.gamedayfeels.com. It is a handcrafted bracelet from genuine baseball glove lace. The best part is you can personalize it with a favorite quote or meaningful location coordinate.
Gifts for the Guy Who Has Everything
- Crutchfield Gift Card. For the techie guy, there is always a new gadget, speaker, or electronic toy that even your guy doesn’t have. Give him a gift card and let him pick out his next guilty pleasure.
- Gift an experience.Create a special memory or just a unique day for your guy who has everything.
- StubHub gift cards can allow him to pick whatever even his likes. Sports to concerts to theater/comedy, it’s all there. Pair it with hotels.com for an out-of-town excursions. You’re sure to get two thumbs up for an amazing gift.
- Hit the Links. GoPlayGolf or Golf There gift cards pays for your tee times at thousands of public and private golf courses. Just want to hang out? Try TopGolf gift card for the night.
- Indoor SkyDiving at iFly. Are you ready to take off? Feel what it’s like to skydive, no plane or jump required, just a gift card.
- Local Things to Do. Groupon gift card is perfect for a night out locally, adventuring to a new spa or even a new restaurant.
- Gift Card Boxes—Put a little WOW with your gift card this year. Buygiftcards.com curates unique goods with practical gift cards to create a more thoughtful gift. Check out our Jerky Box, Relax and Hammock and Adventure Out gift card boxes.
- A Gift that Keeps Giving. Gift Cards to subscription companies are a great idea.
- Give a gift card for Stitch Fix Men. Whether your guy loves to shop or would rather spend his time somewhere else, this is a great gift. He gets a personal stylist who handpicks items he’ll love. Trust us. He’ll thank you later!
- Audible Gift Card. No time to read a book? Try Audibles. It’s a great way to engage in a new story or learn something new.
1st Valentine’s Day for Your Husband or Wife
It’s your first Valentine’s Day together as a couple and you want to make it memorable. We have a few couples’ gifts that you can do together.
- Fun Night In With Uber Eats, Fondue for Two Gift Card Box and iTunes Gift Card. Plan a nice romantic night in with an UberEats gift card, our fondue gift card box and music or a movie from iTunes. Cuddle up, relax and just have fun together.
- Give Each Other An Experience with StubHub Gift Card. Pick concert tickets that you both can’t wait to attend.
- Matching StitchFix Gift Cards. Have dual StitchFix boxes come each month with this gift. One for him and one for her.
- Wine.com. Get a wine.com gift card and together you can pick out your favorites. Every couple of months, take the time to have date and night and uncork a bottle you both picked. It’s the Valentine’s Day gift that can be used throughout the year.
Valentine’s Day Gifts for My College Kid
Feeling a little blue that your college kid isn’t home this Valentine’s Day? Text them a gift card so they know you’re thinking about them. Need some ideas on what to give them? Here are our favorites.
- Outside the Cafeteria. Chipotle and Uber Eats are two of our favorites for college students.
- A girlie-girl. Stitch Fix Gift Cards, DSW Gift Card and Ulta Gift Cards
- Hanging out with Friends. Spotify, iTunes or XBox gift cards.
- Relax and Hammock Gift Card Box. Spring is around the corner and college kids love to hangout in their hammocks.
Unique Gift Cards for Teens
Let’s face it. Teens are hard to buy for. Mine typically wants something over $100 but my budget says ‘Half’. Here are some great little gifts that they are sure to love.
- For the Love of Music.
- Spotify Gift Card or iTunes Gift Card will give them access to thousands of their favorite tunes.
- Want to add a little WOW then check out our Music on the Run or Get Your Jam On gift card box. Both pairs a Bluetooth speaker with a subscription music gift card.
- Movie Night.
- Fandango gift cards will give them the movie experience of their choice. Kids usually make plans at the last minute and this gift card gives flexibility on theater, times and is easy to use.
- Movie Night Gift Card Box. Complete the package with candy and some popcorn. It’s an experience waiting to happen.
- Game Night—Teenage Style. Yes, they love the gaming from home with friends. Try a $10XBox, PlayStation, Roblox or even GameStop gift card.
- Favorite Food Gift Cards for Teens. Chipotle and Starbucks gift card are my go-to for teenagers.
- Teen Retail Therapy. Ulta, Champs, American Eagle, Gap Options, Abercrombie & Fitch gift cards are always popular options.
A Valentine’s Day Gift for the Little Kids
Even the little kiddos love bringing valentine’s day cards to school and celebrating with mom and dad. Here are some Valentine’s Day gifts for the kids.
- Make it an event.
- Bring them to Build-A-Bear with their gift card to make a memorable moment.
- A trip to Barnes and Noble for a new book. Let them choose like a big kid their next book to get. A gift card and a new book equals a happy kid.
- Get Your Jam On gift card box. Pairs a Bluetooth speaker with an iTunes gift card so your child can listen to music from their iPad. iTunes has safe playlists set up for kids and family so they can explore and listen to music — and finally get “Baby Shark” out of your playlists.