Did you know that September is the most popular month for birthdays? According to Amitabh Chandra, a professor at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government, September has 10 of the top birthday dates. So, chances are you might have a birthday celebration this month. Need some help figuring out what are the best gift cards for birthdays? We can help!
Top 5 Gift Cards on Buygiftcards.com in 2020
Best Gift Cards for Birthdays Recommended by Staff
You can’t go wrong with these gift cards!
- BGC Card (let them choose)
- Fandango Now
- Darden Restaurants (Longhorn Steakhouse, Olive Garden, Seasons 52 and more)
- Gap Options (Gap, Old Navy, Athleta, Banana Republic)
- Ulta Beauty
Most Unique Gift Cards to Give
- StitchFix—Let them get a personal shopper by using StitchFix.
- CharityChoice—Have everything you could need. Let them pick a charity to donate money to for their birthday.
- GoPlayGolf or GolfThere—Pay for their tee times.
- Great American Days—Send them on an adventure from hot air balloons to culinary tours
- HomeChef—Take the burden of cooking off the table for a couple of days with HomeChef.
- Shutterfly—Let them create something truly personal by adding pictures to jewelry, home décor or photobooks.
Most Creative Way to Give Gift Cards
- Create an experience. We love pairing different gift cards together to create a total experience. Some of our favorites are:
- DATE NIGHT IN. Create that cozy night in with a FandangoNow gift card and an UberEats gift card.
- PAMPER ME. Need a break? Pair a SpaFinder gift card with a Sephora or Ulta gift card for the ultimate pampering day.
- UP, UP AND AWAY. For the jetsetter, pair a Hotels.com gift card with a Delta or Southwest Airlines gift card. Want to really spoil them? Throw in an Uber gift card so they can get around town.
- SPORTY SPICE. Gift your active girl or guy a Dick’s Sporting Goods Online gift card and a Jamba Juice gift card.
- Gift card of the Month. Another favorite birthday gift is the “gift card of the month” present. I did this for my Mom and she loved it. Pick a couple different brands that offer a $5 or $10 gift card (most do). For me, I chose things my Mom loves like Barnes and Nobles, Panera and T.J. Maxx. Choose send to a friend, personalize it and set date for the delivery. I simply picked a different date for each card that spans the next four months (you can pick as many months as you want) and sent my Mom a tiny present each month. To make it more personal, I uploaded a picture of her grandkids and had each child create a special message for Grandma. She loved it!
- Add a little gift to your gift cards. Want to make your present a little more personal than just a gift card. Think about adding a little gift to it. Nothing too big and fancy. Just a nice little addition to make it extra special. Do it yourself or buy a gift card box.
- Streaming Movie Night: Microwave popcorn, candy, and a FandangoNow gift card
- Essie or OPI Nail polish and a Sephora gift card
- Emergency Margarita: Salt, Mix, reusable straw and a Chipotle gift card
- Mini soccer ball and a Dick’s Sporting Goods gift card
- Outdoor Lovers: Jerky, Almonds and a Bass Pro Shops gift card
- Barbeque sauce and a Lowe’s gift card
- Death Star ice cube and a Gamestop gift card
- A college Tervis and a Fanatics gift card
- Make your big gift even more complete with a gift card. Sometimes the opposite happens when my big gift needs that cherry on top. Again, my go to is usually gift cards. There are lots of different ways to go the extra mile by adding a little gift card. See if any of these ideas gets you motivated.
- Beats headphones and an iTunes gift card
- XBox One X and Gamestop or XBox gift card for games
- New Grill and a The Home Depot gift card for tools or other grill accessories
Have fun getting creative with your gift card giving and don't forget to personalize it. It's what makes us feel connected!