Graduation season is here! Even if plans have changed or been postponed, this is still an exciting time for graduates and their families. Finding the right gift to say congratulations is difficult but it is even more difficult to figure out how much to spend on graduation gifts for high school students.
We have looked high and low, far, and wide for the answer. We polled friends and asked random strangers. So here we go, the answer is... it depends. Of course! We found most people like to give graduation gifts for high school around $20 - $100, depending on your relationship with the grad. The average amount is $25 with higher amounts ($50 - $100) being reserved for family and close friends.
Regardless of the amount you spend, you can make any gift special by personalizing it for the graduate.
Gift Card Ideas For Graduation
Some of our favorite gift card ideas for graduation include anything they can use to prepare for college life or things they can do on campus. Practical gift cards are always great graduation gifts for high school students.
- Bed Bath and Beyond
- Bath & Body Works
- TJ Maxx/Marshalls
Personalize Gift Cards
Regardless if you text, email, or print a gift card at home, all of them can be personalized. Pick a graduation template from our professional designs. Think of this image as the front of your greeting card. You can then personalize the inside as well. Upload your favorite photo of your graduate or anything else. Finally include a special message. Can’t think of exactly the right message? Below are some inspiring quotes for high school graduations.
- “The most important thing in your life is to live your life with integrity and to not give into peer pressure to try to be something that you’re not.”
- “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.”
- “To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe.”
- “What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “There are no regrets in life. Just lessons.”
- “Take pride in how far you’ve come. Have faith in how far you can go. But don’t forget to enjoy the journey.”
- “The only thing you can do in this life is pursue your passions, celebrate your bloopers and never stop following your fear.”
- “Kid, you’ll move mountains.”
- “Your imagination is your preview of life’s coming attractions.”
- “Every person you meet knows something you don’t; learn from them.”
—H Jackson Brown Jr.